Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Cream Cheese Rangoons!


Difficulty: Beginner

I have never tried to make these before, but they are one of my favorite Oriental foods. I've heard they are easy to make, so I decided to try. These are the ingredients I used:

-bar of cream cheese

-handful of finely chopped green onions
-about 3 teaspoons garlic salt (garlic powder and salt are fine also)
-1 pack wonton wrappers (about $2 at Foodmaxx)


I heated up the cream cheese first to make it easier to mix. Ten seconds in the microwave sufficed. I mixed in the green onion and garlic salt, then dolloped about half a teaspoon into each wonton wrapper. I moistened the edges of the wonton wrappers to make them sticky, then folded them into the shape shown in the picture, pinching the top very tightly. I placed them in the deep fryer for about 4 minutes at 350 degrees F, making sure to submerge them completely for at least a minute (they float, so the top tends to be less cooked). I removed them from the fryer, waited for them to cool, and found that they were just as delicious as the rangoons at restaurants. The cost of all the ingredients was less than $5, and they were extremely easy to make. I don't think I will ever feel the need to buy rangoons again!




No comments:

Post a Comment